Sunday, April 11, 2010

In the Workshop: The paint is dry, the price is set

One minute after placing eight wren houses on the front porch (to sun dry) I received two small visitors.


One chickadee stopped in the apricot tree, almost within touching distance, and the second entered the first house on the left. (I hastily snapped a picture; it turned out blurry. Rats!)

In amazement, I watched as the second chickadee went from one house to the next. As soon as the camera focussed, the bird moved to another house.


["Very nice. Next. Very nice. Next.": photos GAH]

Nervous creatures? Maybe excited? (“Eight to choose from. And we’re here first!”)

The first chickadee left the tree and checked out a green house under the eave of my own.


["Honey, you can see a coffee shop from here!"]

I hope the couple pick the green house because the smaller wren houses are going on sale on Monday at a local shop.

***

Yesterday I asked you to guess what I would charge for a wren house.

I’ve settled on $12.

Were you close?

.

No comments: