Saturday, April 10, 2010

In The Workshop: Stained and painted wren houses - all done

On Thursday I started assembling wren houses and today I finished.

They came together pretty quickly.


["I saw the above photo in a well-used book"]

Small, simple, sturdy, colourful - based on a design from a book I picked up at the Village of Values. (Yes, I rescue books as well as lumber).


["Hopefully, wrens will like yellow and blue houses": photos GAH]

I think the yellow and blue paint works well together and the linseed oil - with a bit of maple stain included - looks AOK.


Though I have one already attached to the apricot tree in the front yard and hiding a scar from last year’s ice storm, I think I’ll remove it this afternoon.


It needs to be placed upon a higher branch, in my opinion.

On Monday, I’ll see if I can sell a couple to a local shop.

***

Now the hard part.

What are birdhouses, from rescued lumber, worth?

(I have a price in mind. Tell me what you think - see if you’re close.)

.

No comments: