Saturday, April 17, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: Are you stressed (#!&#!!) by slooow technology

There’s a good chance that you are.

Sorry about that, I’ll type faster.

According to a wee item in last Saturday’s London Free Press, 66 per cent of computer users say they are at least ‘somewhat stressed’ by slow technology.

23 per cent say they are extremely stressed.


["Ann Landers would say - chill"]

At the time I wondered, what about the other 11 per cent?

So I asked some of my neighbours about technology.

2 per cent were reading a book and told me to come back later.

3 per cent were busy in their garden.

And a full 6 per cent (I fit into this group) still find that slow technology is faster than, for example, writing an actual letter and walking it to the nearest mailbox.

We’re good, thanks!

***

Maybe more people should switch to decaf.

.

No comments: