Thursday, April 15, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny Pt 2: KFC’s Double Down sandwich

This just in:

Some people are madly tweeting about the new KFC Double Down sandwich, which is not called a chicken sandwich even though it’s two pieces of bacon and two slices of cheese smothered with the Colonel's Sauce with two fried chicken patties as buns.

(I suppose it’s called the Double Down because after you eat one you double over and are down for the count).

When I googled KFC Double Down, out of morbid curiosity, a few tweets started to appear.

Here’s the latest one:

My chem prof just called kfc's double down a weapon of mass destruction... Jash M.

Here’s another:

As soon as Liz and I saw the KFC "Double Down" commercial last night she said, "Shut up." I had not said a word yet. BLF

Another:


["I'd use a fork to poke at it. Is it real?"]

I'm gonna go try out a KFC Double Down. Pray for my survival. BT

Tweets are coming fast and furious. Wow, the Double Down seems to be all the rage in the USA.

Are you in on this, or praying for the survival of your fellow countrymen?

Oops, here’s another:

Just finished the KFC Double Down. Had four bites with hand, ate the rest w/fork & knife. Sandwich was finished at 1:58 PM. Will update. gg

While waiting for the update (I’m on pins and needles) ‎I’ll mention that a few people have commented that KFC isn’t the only fast-food chain that is going super big and bunless.

That’s right. If the Double Down isn’t for you, perhaps I could interest you in a Mr. Potatoskin Sandwich.

Please click here to read Pt 3 The Double Down

.

No comments: