Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Series of Some Significance: KFC’s Double Down Sandwich

After reading a bit of my commentary re KFC’s new sandwich in the USA, a reader double-checked on Google because he thought the Double Down was a hoax.

(Hey, it's not Hallowe’en yet).

Though it’s a stupid sandwich, and getting too much positive press State’s side, I added the 4-part series to Series of Some Significance (see side margin) because - in my opinion at least - the salt and fat bomb is linked to another current news item here in Canada.


["No hoax. The DD is a fat and salt bomb"]

I.e., the rising cost of health care.

And the cost of health care is linked to another of my pet concerns.

I.e., the growing national debt.

As well, one day soon perhaps (in time for high school graduation?), the DD may come to Canada and I wanted my fellow citizens to be warned.

We are what we eat and are poorer and unhealthier for it.

.

No comments: