Sunday, April 11, 2010

Zoom w a View: The bees are back and buzzing

While attaching a wren house to a tree branch this morning I heard a distinct, constant and welcome hum whenever I stood silently and traffic moved farther down the road.


["The house may create a buzz among local wrens": photos GAH]

I thought, the bees are back. Brilliant.

I couldn’t see them at first because, with camera in hand, I’d placed my bifocals on the top of my head.


I saw them, however, whenever I zoomed in for a close-up of apricot blossoms.

What a welcome sight.


Apricot jam will surely be served for breakfasts in August!

Some people think caviar on a biscuit is the cat’s meow.

Not me. Apricots from the front lawn are purr-fect.

***

Does fresh, homemade jam put a smile on your face?

.

No comments: