Monday, May 24, 2010

A Day Off Pt 2: At Orwell, on my way to Long Point

The Rawcliffes sell plants and birdhouses (upcoming sale - go look for yourself) and I must say, they are a creative couple.


["Mrs. R. makes and bakes clay shingles for some birdhouses": photos GH]

(Please click here for more photos and location).


["Gary uses a dado blade to create a layered look for walls, roofs"]

Gary R. is the builder (ouch - I love his workshop and back patio) and Mrs. R. paints and deals with the plants.


["The workshop is an awesome sight. Yes, I'm jealous"]

It’s a country paradise, for this couple and many birds, and I was warmly invited to return anytime.


["A rare country property. Birds must love it"]

There are another two dozen birdhouses I want to check out, so I will go back.


["I stopped to photograph this one birdhouse and landed in paradise"]

***

I’m stopping to chat with strangers more often.

Once we start trading information about birdhouses, property owners don’t seem to mind.

.

No comments: