Wednesday, May 26, 2010

In the Workshop: Painting is sticky work at the best of times

Today was so hot outside the paint I was applying to a wee boat was getting gummy before it left the brush.

I started the job outside because the smell of primer goes to my head and I had a hockey game later in the day and didn’t want to make any goof ups.

["No more trim; time to apply primer": photos GH]

So I moved the job into the workshop and the first coat started going on better and a large fan kept the fumes to a minimum.

After cleaning the brush I went to my game, didn’t clear the puck at a critical moment and the other team turned my goof up into a goal.


["Two wee bottles contain messages and will stored in the cabin"]

I tried redeeming myself - and came close (set up one goal and would have assisted on the winner but a teammate failed to tip in my low shot from the blue line) - but, yeah, yeah, the game ended in a tie, a result that many guys find very satisfying for some reason.


["More primer tomorrow, then top coats and varnish"]

If I apply a coat of paint, then varnish, once per day for the next 6 days the job will be done before my next game.

No more goof ups!

***

I admit, I take the game too seriously sometimes, but if I stay competitive for a few more years I might get called up by The Leafs.

.

No comments: