Saturday, May 29, 2010

Senior Citizen Alert: You may be pouring your own refills soon

You may have noticed - I like numbers, statistics, and speculating re same.

Here are some stats that caught my eye recently and that may soon have a huge impact on my life and your own.


["So, where's my coffee?"]

“All levels of government will have to reassess priorities because senior citizens could soon outnumber children for the first time in Canadian history... StatsCan expects there will be about 10 million Canadians over 65 in 2036, about 25% of the population.” (May 27, London Free Press)

I love StatsCan: The agency makes me think.

For example:

I think that’s a lot of seniors.

I think I’ll be one of them. I’ll be the youthful-looking 86-year old sitting on the patio at The Red Roaster wearing red sunglasses and a spiffy straw hat.

According to the stats, I think we seniors will easily outnumber the young wait staff.

I think one day in the future I may have to pour my own coffee and refill.

I think, good thing I worked there for awhile and have the experience.

I can pour your coffee too. Don’t forget to donate to the tip jar, eh.

.

No comments: