Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Halifax Diaries: Day 2 - A Timmies - fine. But a mystery hedge?

I’m sure it’s not a world record for a 14-day trip, but I took over 1,200 photos on one camera (not including 5 videos). The second camera still sits on the corner of my desk - unloaded.

(Oh, FYI: I arrived home safely Monday night. Thanks for asking. A few words about my homecoming are posted here.)

So, want to see another five photos (out of 200 for the day)?

Day 2 - Wednesday, June 9

Destination - Trois Rivieres, Quebec.

Estimated mileage - 467 km.

Gord’s mileage - 497 km.

Why the 30 km. difference? I took a wrong turn in Hawkesbury, Ontario and got lost north of Montreal, Quebec. Not a stellar performance but no real harm done. I got to use my longest French phrase, i.e., ou est mon chapeau rouge?


[“I left Kingston and rode on the 1000 Island Parkway. Very peaceful. I saw all 1000 islands”: photos GH]


[“I had real biker food for lunch, i.e., the chili combo. Ouch.]


[“I took a break between highway 138 and the St. Lawrence R. in Quebec.”]


[“A hedge shares a French phrase. Maybe the location of mon chapeau??”]


[“Part of the view from my balcony in Trois Rivieres. Churches were everywhere.”]


I didn't send an email message home or post on the blog while in Trois Rivieres. The hostel computer and I were unable to communicate. However, I had one of my best sleeps in a long time in Room P.

***

Please click here to view a few educational photos from Day 1.

Please click here to read more about the trip.

.

No comments: