Saturday, June 5, 2010

Mostly good company at Gathering on the Green

If you missed The Gathering you missed a good community get-together... and jam.

To the left of my rented space was The Jam Lady.


[My son asked, "Do you have Halle Berry in a jar?": photos GH]

Next to her was The Plant Lady.


[My son asked, "Is Phil O'Dendron an Irish plant?"]

Across the walkway was The Clay Lady.


[My son said, "I've got the dirt on her."]

And just a second before I gave my son a left-hander with a piece of very sturdy cardboard he asked, “Does that make you The Birdhouse Lady?”


No stitches were required to seal the wound and later we both admitted The Gathering was a bit hit.

.

4 comments:

Katherine Krige said...

Ha. I agree it was a great day. Did you get enough sales for that extra day away? I bought jam from your neighbour and plants from two down.

Good luck with the ship. It sounds great!

G. Harrison said...

Hi K,

I'm happy to say I collected enough gas money to get me home. How happy my wife will be is another story!

I hope you and your girls enjoy the jam and plants. See you when I return.

GH

Jessica said...

Your son's funny!

We love our two birdhouses, and have decided to send the blue and yellow one to England as a belated birthday present for my dad - he-who-has-everything-except-one-of-MrH's-birdhouses. I think he'll love it. And there are lots of wrens over there.

Drive safely.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jessica,

I'm happy to know a birdhouse will find a home in England. It will cover more miles than I will, likely for less money!

I will drive safely and use secondary roads, rather than the 401 or Trans-Canada whenever possible.

Cheers,

GH