Thursday, June 24, 2010

Returning slowly to a normal routine. Sooo slooowly

Don emailed yesterday with an invitation re coffee, Thursday a.m.

I thought, yes, I need caffeine.

We stayed longer than usual because of the rain and, because we both have returned from long trips, tiredness in our bones.

But enjoying morning coffee and refill is a piece of my normal routine and I enjoyed every sip.


["Put away helmet. Check. Unpack bike. Check. Cut the lawn. Yeah, about that": photo GH]

I stopped at a store on the way. Bought snack food for ‘shed night.’ Lovely routine.

While returning to the house I thought about cutting the front lawn. Maybe pick a few weeds first. Normal routine stuff.

On the porch I sorted out mail from the flyers in the box and chucked 4 pounds of ads.

Once inside I put a few more things away from the trip. Answered an email. Sat at the computer.

I said to myself, I’ll cut the grass tomorrow.

Lovely normal routine stuff.

***

Initial thots re my return home from Halifax are posted here.

.

No comments: