Thursday, July 22, 2010

It Strikes Me Funny: How do you spell ‘delectable?’

My wife and I just returned from The Little Red Roaster in Wortley Village and I’m 5 minutes away from writing a very serious post, i.e., ‘How to save 10 bucks a week for tough times ahead.’

But first, something was mentioned during our first normal conversation of the day that I have to put down before I forget.

(We had earlier conversations [“What day is this? Who are you?” “Coffee?”] but they don’t apply here.)

While sipping our coffees two women in their mid-seventies rose behind us to leave.


["Delicious or delectable. You be the judge."]

Their departure triggered a memory. True story.

One of my wife’s friends overheard two grey-haired ladies talking about me one day and told her the following:

One said to the other, “That young man has such a delectable personality.”

When I first heard this story I said to my wife, “I can understand ‘delicious’... but ‘delectable?’ What do you think?”

Unfortunately, my wife had a mouthful of coffee at the time.

I have the stained shirt in my closet to prove it.

***

So, delicious or delectable?

Seriously, I think both are dead funny.

.

No comments: