Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I walked out of the Griffin Pub but not empty-handed

I spent the weekend in Bracebridge, Ontario.

Brace yourself for several photos of the surrounding area, including the work of a Four Star Gardener, but none of the Griffin Pub, a lovely wee treasure at the back end of steep alley. My kind of place. Hoppy, flavourful offerings, e.g., Hoptical Illusion, Smashbomb IPA.

After two such pints friend Jim and I walked out the door and I spotted a bin bearing a few scraps of lumber.


I nabbed them.

Another patron joked with us.

“What have you found there?”


["The wood was a steal": photos GH]

“Some fine birdhouses,” I replied.

Three in fact.

***

Warning to Bracebridgians - Never leave your scrap lumber unguarded, even if it’s littered with nails.

Please click here for The Lite News

.

No comments: