Thursday, August 12, 2010

In The Workshop: The lumber was blue but I wasn’t

It actually felt cooler inside the shed today than on average for this warm and muggy week.

(I would have told you sooner but I was stuck to the vinyl seats in my van.)


So, I didn’t feel blue about the weather and was quite content to nail together bits and pieces of blue-stained barn board until four-plexes took shape.


It felt good to make use of lumber that came from a teenager’s bedroom. (The boy is switching to Darth Vader wallpaper, I think.)


The fan, set at top speed, helped my frame of mind too.


It’s easy work and I added bits of trim and a cork or two and other what-nots to dress them up.


[Photos by GH]

Manly curtains? Should I add manly curtains?

***

Busy times in the shed.

More recent birdhouses from rescued lumber here and here.

.

No comments: