Friday, August 13, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: Hattie Cove, Lake Superior, Canada

Yes, I stayed home on Friday the 13th and missed the bike rally in Port Dover, Ontario. The rally’s 50th anniversary, no less.

However, my car is packed (yup, so is my heavy-duty lunch bucket; don't leave home without it, eh) for Saturday’s adventure, i.e., Art in the Park in Strathroy, and if I make a few birdhouse sales I’ll be able to put another $10 into my mayonnaise jar and have gas money for the motorcycle for another month or so.


[“Hattie Cove is on the south side of the Trans-Canada Highway, east of marathon”: photos GH]

Maybe I’ll ride to Fenelon Falls to help my son build a new dock. Maybe I’ll ride to Port Dover and have the streets to myself.


Better yet - maybe I’ll return to familiar roads farther north and revisit Hattie Cove on Lake Superior.


I will remember certain scenes for many more years; rocks, trees, cold black water and sunsets.


Please click here to see more “Postcards from the side of the road.”

***

In the future the price of gasoline may shorten or even bring an end to my motorcycling days.

Hey, maybe I'll rent a bus and have a seat sale.

Does a $100 a night seem fair? Are you "on the bus?"

.

No comments: