Sunday, August 1, 2010

Motorcycle Miles: Postcards from the side of the road

In 2005 I took my first overnight camping trip to the Bruce Peninsula alone and by motorcycle (Suzuki Marauder 250cc).


Fortunately, I took a camera and stopped at the side of the road on occasion because my memories of the two or three day trip aren’t as clear as the digital photos that follow.




[“Gray clouds dampened the colour of vast fields of mustard”; photos GH]


[“I stopped for tea beside Big Bay Rd.”]



I finished the book ‘Long Way Round’ during the short holiday and was inspired to take longer trips in the future by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman’s round-the-world adventure.

***

2006 - Gatineau Mts. and Algonquin Park, on 650cc Suzuki Savage

2007 - North Shore Lake Superior, on 1000cc Yamaha Virago

2010 - Halifax via the St. Lawrence River, on 1100 cc Virago

.

No comments: