Monday, August 2, 2010

Sailing, sailing: “What if I find a really cheap one?”

For years I've realized I’ll never own a cottage. (Though I continue to keep my eye on the one with a stone porch on Levi St., Pt. Bruce).


["Sailing, sailing, over the ocean blue": photos GH]

Unless I win the lottery. But I don’t buy tickets, so what are the odds?


However, when I see a beautiful boat upon the waves, as I did yesterday during a bike ride, I think about owning one with a small cabin, loo, and galley. And an outer deck for my Habachi and two chairs.


I shared my thoughts with my wife yesterday while walking the beach in Pt. Bruce.

We both agreed we need to pay off our home renovation first.


“What if I find a really cheap one?” I asked.

No answer.

***

I consider a long silence a positive response.

So, I’m looking. Always looking.

More photos - Pt. Bruce beach.

.

No comments: