Monday, September 20, 2010

The Long Road Back Pt 3: A few less wrinkles in my shuffle

I started back into the running game three weeks ago.

I know how hard a marathon can be, a 30 K Around the Bay (Hamilton, Ont.) road race can be.

Stepping onto the long road back - after a long hiatus - can be tough too, but with 5 runs under my expanding belt in 3 weeks (yeah, I’m not pushing myself too hard) I must say life ain’t too bad.

Last Tuesday I ran (aka the Harrison Shuffle) 6 long miles and kept a pretty steady - and slow - pace all the way.


["Running, cycling, playing hockey - a good combo for me": photo GH]

Yesterday, I had to slow myself down a few times on the same route so I wouldn’t hurt myself or pull a muscle or leave my ‘take it easy, go-slow-and-enjoy-the-view-philosophy’ behind too soon.

Yup. I should be able to run a half-marathon before 2010 is over. Yup, it’s nice to sense I’m shuffling a bit faster and my legs are a bit stronger. Yup, it’s nice to run 12 miles a week and enjoy the view along the Thames River.

This should be a good fall season.

***

Again, don’t tell The Swede what I’m doing out on the road.

.

No comments: