Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mounted Police and the Midnight Bandit

Even though the Mounties haven’t yet parked a horse at the end of my short driveway (do they carry their own shovels?) I feel a bit like the Midnight Bandit already.

Cover your eyes. Some of the following photos, and several others, are from restricted areas.

Surely to Pete, they wouldn’t arrest me for the following photo, would they? It’s from the cafeteria!


[“Chrome bumpers - beside a lady who slurped her soup”: photos by old-what’s-his-name]


[“Plastic replica of Habitat 67 - Montreal Expo”]


[“Looks like the skeleton of a whale. What kind?”: answer below]


[“White whale. White plastic chair whale! Brilliant, eh!!]


[“The stone floor is not of stone. A composite.]


I asked if I could take a picture of a block of stone in the wall inside one gallery. I was told ‘no.’

However, as I left the building I met the building manager and he let me.

He said the walls and floor were not made of real stone.

“Knock on the walls,” he said.

They sounded hollow. The blocks are made of a composite of materials.

That’s right. Our gallery was made on the cheap.

But everything inside is pretty well priceless.

***

Save your money. Go to Ottawa. (I know a nice place to stay near The Highlander Pub - $20 per night if you’re willing to sleep with other inmates. More money for a private cell.

.

No comments: