Friday, November 19, 2010

Anna and Ella: They are already talking up a storm

My wife and I were last in Fenelon Falls visiting our twin grand-daughters in September, to celebrate their first birthday and the fact they were already taller than me.

Now they are almost 14 months old and, in my opinion, absolutely rule the roost.

Their mom and dad, who we also visit with, even though the girls get all of the attention, will be free to have a lengthy conversation with us in about 19 years time. I'll be 80 years old and likely shuffling around the house in red long johns and bunny slippers.

Don't laugh.

I already have the slippers.

While carrying Ella around her parents' kitchen this afternoon she spoke to me.

She said, "Ma."

"Hey, close enough," I said.

Ella's mother told me that she was saying 'Max.' Her cousin Max's picture was on the fridge.

Brilliant kid, I thought.

I don't think I said my first words until I was almost 2 years old.

At age 3 I said my first full sentence.

I said, "Dad, can we change the channel, please? Red Skelton is on another station."

No one was as impressed as I was today when Ella spoke to me.

***

How old were you were you first watched Red?

.

2 comments:

Jane said...

About 7 years younger than you:)

G. Harrison said...

i think i remember the day. Red did a newscast while drinking gin and eating corn niblets. very funny skit, eh?