Friday, November 26, 2010

I Ask You: Another mystery object. A leaf?

While walking home from The Red Roaster this morning - the refill was delicious, thank you - I noticed brown, fading leaves upon the sidewalk.


["Easy-schmeasy-lemon-squeezy. A maple leaf"]


["Okay, I know this one. Single chestnut leaf"]

Winter is coming in through the side door. Get out your long johns! (Not kidding. See post below)


["More chestnut leaves": pohotos GH]

I also noticed something else.


Another leaf? A tail feather from a mystery bird from a Dr. Seuss book?

It’s time to dust off my old copy of “Mystery Objects in Wortley Village” to find out.

***

More totally relevant I Ask You right here.

.

2 comments:

Jane said...

By the look of the hook on the end it looks like a branch of a fake Christmas tree, or a duster missing its handle?

G. Harrison said...

a turquoise Christmas tree. good answer! let's go with that.

cheers