Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Lite News: Some of this is actually true

For those who notice just about everything that happens in their community - since Oct. 28 The Londoner, Deforest City’s community newspaper, has been 48 pages in length.

I know these things. I counted.

It’s huge compared to a couple of years ago when it hit a low of 16 pages and my column was all of 7 lines long.


["Editorial - Changes": photos by GH]

Hardly anything was fit to print during the recession. I could have cut mine back to 5 lines had I even tried.

It’s now bigger. Staff numbers are higher. Folks are three deep in my closet alone.

I’d like to take a moment to say hello to some of our new readers in Harrietsville and ask, “Who makes those nifty metal sculptures at the main corner of town? Awesome stuff.”


["Hello to folks in Glenworth! Or is it Glanworth?"]

May I just add, “Yes, that was me bombing through your village last Tuesday going about 120 mph. My bike wanted to go fast. So did I. Call me irresponsible if you can catch me.”

“Hello to Jim Jackson. The guy scored two goals during last Wednesday’s hockey game. Slip an envelope under my front door and maybe I’ll write a column about that.”


Bigger staff, eh?

Maybe it’s time for a raise.

***

More Lite news here.

The Londoner online here. Visit 'columnists' if you've got time to spare.

.

No comments: