Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lite News Update: Squirrels still prefer the orange ‘punkin’

While putting seeds into my bird feeders this morning I had quite the start.


["Local squirrels are vandalizing my punkin": photos GH]


["Why, they're even eating the lid, like it was a muffin!"]

I felt, strongly, someone was watching me and, slightly unnerved, I turned quickly to my right and in so doing tipped over my bucket of seeds.

Shite!

(Sorry, I lied. I was more than ‘slightly unnerved.’ I tipped over the bucket and yelled, “Don’t hurt me. My wife is inside the house and she has more money than I do!”)

Then I spotted the culprits.

Two punkins, and I do mean ‘punkins’, sitting in the garden.


["Nary a nibble. What gives?"]

I regained my composure, swept up the seeds, and noticed the local squirrels still prefer orange punkin over white.

Who knew?

***

How the orange vs white scenario all began.

More Lite News here.

.

5 comments:

Veen said...

LOL...I hope your wife did not read this....you'd be in the dog house... instead of filling up the bird house!

G. Harrison said...

it's all true! she does have more money than me!

G. Harrison said...

it's all true! she does have more money than me! hers plus mine.

Veen said...

Ha! Ha! You are incorrigible...how does Mrs H put up with you?

G. Harrison said...

Pat's name is short for 'patience', no doubt about it. And, for whatever reason, she fully supports any hobby that keeps me out of the house and underfoot.

cheers