Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Workshop PT 4: Winter’s coming. Time for touch-ups

I stepped out onto the back deck in short sleeves this morning to check the bird feeders.


[“White cedar w linseed oil. Looks fine”: photos GH]

They were fine. Enough seeds remain for today.


[“White pine, old stain, w linseed oil. Looks OK”]

I scanned the yard, recalled that I had coated five new birdhouses with linseed oil yesterday (they do look brilliant), and wondered if anything else in the yard needed a fresh coat or touch up.


[“Scrap pine, natural knot hole, linseed oil, fine”]

Hmmm. Maybe one birdhouse could use some help.


[“I’ll scuff the roof and add more oil. Spruce it up.”]

The only other thing needing a coat was me.

I went indoors for a refill instead.

***

An earlier trip to the workshop mentioned here.

.

No comments: