Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Zoom w a View: Getting ready for a Canadian winter

Our house is draft free - as long as I keep the front door closed tightly. And put a towel across the bottom. And close all the windows.


["Can you see the hole under the painted trim?": photos GH]

Canadian winter is on the way and should arrive in Wortley Village about 3 weeks after Christmas.


["While viewing photos, hum the William Tell Overture"]

Local squirrels will be ready for it.

While at The Little Red Roaster this morning, I saw a black squirrel make several trips across a nearby roof top with leaves in its mouth.


["The squirrel enters the hole, deposits the leaves, scoots off for more"]

I put down my coffee - I don't do that for any little thing - and snapped a few shots.


["What TV show opened with the William Tell overture?"]

If I was half as industrious, my attic would have more insulation and the front door would be weather-stripped to the nines.

Yeah, yeah, I'll think about it - after a refill.

***

Do you know what TV show opened with the William Tell overture?

Please click here for more exciting news about local squirrels.

Also, ever heard of Brunswick Stew?

.

No comments: