Friday, November 12, 2010

Zoom w a View: Underwater wonderland of wet leaves

While biking today I stopped at an old mill pond on Mill or Mill Pond Rd. south of Mt. Brydges, Ont.


I snapped several pictures and before I left I wrote the following notes:


“two sounds only - birds chippin’, water falling”


“oak leaves aplenty on bottom of pond”


["I love all leaves, especially those I don't have to rake"]

“pond very still, reflections near perfect”



["Fall scenes near, or covered in, water": photos GH]

I took 3 dozen shots today, most were of leaves that will be entombed in ice before winter’s out, and I could have been standing over them in short sleeves.

***

More related Postcards From the Side of the Road here.

.

4 comments:

Veen said...

It's the small things that give the most pleasure in life, I find.

BTW, I bought Cinema Paradiso today and did you get my e-mail?

G. Harrison said...

Hi Veen,

Though many folks were out for their last ride yesterday (Fri.), I was the only one taking pictures of sunken leaves. That's part of the attraction, I think - that I've got the pond to myself.

Well done re the film. I'll enjoy hearing what you think.

Email arrived safely. So did grandson Ollie (age 4; his first sleep-over) and he knows how to distract me like no one else.

i'll be back.

GH

Jane said...

Good photos - check out my photo in my header - kinda looks familiar no? Great minds think alike...fools never differ:)

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jane,

I agree w the 'great minds think alike' part. Good post at your site; I posted a 'link up' to your site, so your numbers will likely go thru the roof.

And if they don't, I had nothing to do with it.

Cheers