Friday, December 3, 2010

The Maple Leafs: 3 words - goals, goalies, gumption

Fire the coach?

I hear the question, also 3 words, but won’t bite.

Too early yet, in my opinion. Hey, I’ve been waiting since 1967. The number of teams is now huge - too huge.

The odds for any team to win big started their downward trend 3 seconds after expansion began. Now, I can’t even pronounce all the names on one team, let alone get to know all the players in the NHL.


["We'll need goals, goalies and gumption to get past 5 teams!": photo GH]

Times have changed, but 3 things are still needed.

Goals - the Leafs are only scoring 2 per game. Not enough. Practice your slap shot and aim, boys.

Goalies - they need more exercise and practice. Toughen up, guys.

Gumption - a tough commodity to buy. I recommend the Leafs come to London next Wednesday and watch my team play. We got it.

And with only two teams in our league my guys are already in the playoffs.

***

Wanna fire the coach? Ease up. Play recreational hockey instead and add some fun to your hockey life.

More cringing about The Maple Leafs here.

.

No comments: