Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bird Watching: Quiet days, except for the squirrels

Stupid athletic squirrels.

They watch me as I put seed into my feeders and then walk back inside.

As soon as the door shuts behind me they are plotting, drawing diagrams on an Etch-a-Sketch, flexing their tiny leg muscles, and scaring away the birds.


["Evidence points to a misstep by a flying squirrel!": photos GH]

I’m pretty sure one bold squirrel has jumped from overhanging branches, bounced off the roof of the feeder and landed upside down on the deck below. I hope it was on his head.


["Kerthump!"]


["He shook himself off to try again!"]

The beer cans are thwarting their climbs across the clotheslines so they have to resort to desperate measures.


If I ever see one jump from the tree branches I’ll let you know.

Those stupid athletic squirrels!

***

My last entry about the bird feeder is here.

.

No comments: