Monday, January 17, 2011

Bits and Pieces: Book titles fractured by design

This is not an advertisement. Though Chapters is a real place, none of the books referred to below exist in the real world.

That said, allow me to mention three things that go together in my mind:

A visit to Chapters bookstore

A cup of dark roast (still under 2 bucks, thank goodness)

A wrinkled tenner (much different than a wrinkled tenor)

Sorry. Four things go together in my mind.

All of the above, plus bargain book tables.

Because my wife bought the coffee I was able to browse for free and walk out with two books for $7.75 plus tax.


["All Dads Have Gas?" I'd read that: GH circa 1969]

Oh yeah, they’ll be great reading once I’m finished the two others I’m working on right now.

As well, while browsing I had a few laughs to myself. A few real book titles morphed into titles I would rather read.

For example, instead of reading ‘I Can Make You Thin’ I’d rather read ‘I Can Make You Think.’ The way things are going, however, in the real world, a more appropriate title might be ‘I Can Make You Thick.’

‘Body by Design’ sounded interesting, but I think the money is with the boomer generation who seem to be adding on pounds by the minute and following the credo ‘Body, I resign.’

Because of two large price stickers I only caught the following words of a title as I walked by one bargain table, i.e., ‘All Dads Can...’

The words quickly morphed into ‘All Dads Have Gas,’ and I chuckled to myself and thought I should write a children’s book with that title asap.

I’m pretty sure I’d make a fortune. I’m an expert on the topic, after all.

***

Read some Lite news here.

.

No comments: