Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bits and Pieces: So, if I owned a pellet gun...

I’d be half way to a pot of Brunswick or Squirrel Stew.

I’ve never tasted squirrel (I hear it tastes like rabbit. I enjoyed rabbit many times as a kid.) but, because several squirrels have formed a commando group and continually raid my bird feeders, I’m motivated to try.


[“Squirrel meat on sale in England. Yummy?”: photo link]

Because of the trend toward higher energy prices (related to oil, gas and coal costs), perhaps we should expand our tastes to include local squirrel meat.


[“Tasty Squirrel Pie”: photo link]

Would you try it?


[“Is it leaner than bison? It looks good.”: photo link]

What if beef prices double? Would you be more interested to try it once?

***

Rising oil costs have us over a barrel.

How far away are higher food costs and a taste of Squirrel Pie?

.

2 comments:

Hannah xxx said...

Wow I really love your blog! It's full of info and I love the picture of the dog!!!

G. Harrison said...

thanks for the visit, Hannah xxx. i'm more of a duck guy myself.