Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bits and Pieces: Bold predictions can be made

A male cardinal, pair of blue jays, juncos, sparrows and black-capped chickadees made appearances today at the feeder and bird bath.

I feel spring is coming. Bird bath water didn’t freeze today.


So, predictions are in order. For example, I’ll see a pair of cardinals settling down in the blue spruce within 6 weeks.

Also, the last remnants of snow will melt from my lawn chairs and I’ll have a nice cedar fire (using scrap from the shop) with cold beer in hand, while wearing shorts, in under 4 weeks.


["...the last remnants of snow will melt...": photos GH]

Doesn’t mean they’ll come true, but the rising temps and bright sunlight make me feel bold enough to at least make them.

***

Please click here for more Bits and Pieces.

.

No comments: