Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bits and Pieces: PT 1 “Gord, don’t get up...”

While nuking my lunch and spreading PB on toast (leftover five-bean stew - delicious), the phone rang.

I put the knife down, walked a few steps and glanced at the phone.

The small call display screen (such a lovely feature but not the very best) informed me the caller was an anonymous bloke pressing numbers for a one-eight-hundred service.


["Gord, I'll take this call. Relax.": photo GH]

I went back to my PB and toast and as I licked off the knife a brilliant idea popped into my head.

I’m going to invent a my-phone app (it will be the very best feature) that talks to me whenever a 1-800 or 1-888 (etc.) call arrives.

“Gord, don’t get up. It’s 1-800,” it will say - in a soothing voice.

Or, something like this:

“Relax. I’ll handle this one, Gord. Keep doing what you were doing.”

“Gord, put the hammer down. I’ll take this one.”

Then my app will get on the line and say a few words that I can’t repeat here.

I’d be more than willing to sell the new feature to you for only five bucks per month.

To get in on this great introductory offer, email a friendly message.

Don’t call. I’m eating my lunch.

***

More Bits and Pieces here.

More Lite News here.

.

No comments: