Friday, February 25, 2011

Fun and Fitness: I’ll have my 100 miles by 8:15 p.m.

According to my riding log, I have already covered 83 miles on my exercise bike this week.

And, after watching C. Street tonight (FYI - Blanche is dead, but I think something fishy is going on), I’ll change into shorts, head downstairs and hit my week’s goal after about 70 minutes of riding.


Seventy minutes is a short ride, so ‘bonus’ miles will likely be added onto my total. And if I ride on Saturday or Sunday, I’ll collect even more bonus miles and be fitter than fit.


["Motivational photos and items keep me pumpin' iron": photos GH

Now, about the ‘funeral’ sign in the garbage pail beside my bike.


Last October, I returned to the long and winding road of running for about 3 weeks.

During a run along Springbank Dr. I found the sign and thought it would be fun to pin it to my T-shirt before my next run. You know, for motivation and a few chuckles.

But, like many of my brilliant plans, it was not to be. The running didn’t take, so to speak. I gave it up and returned to my bike.

Because of my comfortable riding setting, my pile of enjoyable books and a few motivational photos and items on nearby shelves, I feel I don’t need the ‘funeral’ sign anymore.




Ride on!

***

Please click here for another visit to Fun and Fitness.

.

No comments: