Monday, February 21, 2011

The Lite News: I’ll try to be polite in the future

Last night, about 4 a.m., a city truck turned onto our snow-covered street and began to move snow around, according to “The Snow Moving Policy” set down in Deforest City’s “Snow Moving Program.”

I heard the truck (or “snowplow”, as per the policy) pushing snow down the street. It created a pushing, plowing, scraping sound.

I heard the truck approach our driveway, then push and plow and move snow into our driveway. I heard it back up and move forward again, pushing and plowing and moving more snow (or “depositing as much as possible”, as per the carefully worded policy) into my driveway.

I cursed under my breath.

If was M.M.S. Kumar, however, (a resident of London mentioned in an earlier post) I would have crawled out of bed and penned a polite - sorry, a very very polite - letter to the editor, in which I’d appeal to the Mayor to do the right thing about the snow, i.e., not to “dump snow in front of our driveways”, as M.M.S. recently did (very politely).

I would not have cursed the driver as I did. I would not have said, “That quailing, motley-minded measle. That saucy, reeling-ripe nut-hook!”


["The end of my driveway is in there somewhere":photo GH]

Alas, I am not that other man. Between oaths I blamed the Mayor for not instituting an actual “Snow Removal Program” to replace our city’s antiquated and highly frustrating “Snow Moving Program.”

I’ll try harder in the future to be polite about this whole matter.

***

Please click here to read more Lite News.

.

No comments: