Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Simple Life: "If it's not a Palazzetti, look away"

"Palazzetti. Relax in style."

Four words. One photo. One magazine ad.

As I looked at the ad in the magazine on my son's coffee table I thought, if I can't relax as the woman in the photo is relaxing (both hands behind her head, one foot on the floor, the other bent, with the heel perched on the edge of the chair by Palazzetti) then I have not lived - or at the very least, relaxed.

I thumbed through more pages.

And I must have Amati faucets and taps from the Nicolazzi collection from Italy if I am to wash my hands in the future. If not Amati, I shall never wash my hands without feeling I am still dirty, grimy and a little less in style than I desire.

Oh, and I do desire.


I must have European Flooring because it appears to be The Source for Extraordinary Wide Plank Floors. Any less beneath my feet would be... beneath me.

Next, once my Visa is paid off, I must have the Cabina Armadio Model of cupboards in my bedroom. I must replace my old mahogany dresser. Only Everyday Italian Design by LEMA will do now.

And a Scavolini Kitchen. It's a must have.

With each turn of the page I am transported.

I cannot look outside again until I can look through panes of glass set inside fine windows and doors by Bauhaus.

In order to sit down with true friends I'll also need a few inspirational fibreglass chairs like the ones that seem to appear - as if by magic - on every other page of this fine magazine. (Are they by Eames? I must have them).

Surely, I must have it all.

***

Please click here to read exclusive Vignettes here.

.

No comments: