Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The Workshop: Mixed paint, lighter than The Hulk

Light green, with navy blue trim - that’s what I envisioned for Classic Series Birdhouse Model #002.

(Note the capital letters. This is one important birdhouse!)

That’s what I got - the shade of green I wanted - after mixing the white and dark green I had on hand.


[“I wanted the house to be lighter than The Hulk. Done”]

Coat number one is done and drying.

Then I had to venture out to the workshop - 0 degrees Celsius - and cut trim.


[“The unpainted portions will soon be trimmed in blue.”]

I was happy to get back inside and not see my breath while working.


[“Trim is painted and my hands are warm again”: photos GH]

Tomorrow I plan to apply coat #002 and chop up the trim to make the windows and door jump out a bit.

Stay tuned.

***

More trips to The Workshop can be seen here.

.

No comments: