Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Big Zoom w a Big View: The final launch of space shuttle Discovery

Will Ollie become like Sean? Could be.

My 39 year old nephew, Sean (from Toronto Island), emailed me copies of photos he took recently. Shamelessly, proudly, I’m going to show some of them here.

He wrote the following as well:

“Thanks for the photo of Oliver in the NASA flight suit. 


[“Ollie loves books about astronauts”: photo GH]

“I got that on the road down to the space center, what timing!  The photography of the final launch of space shuttle Discovery went perfectly, a tricky thing since most of the cameras are remote and you have to just hope that they work.  They get set up around the pad the day before launch, and then we have to leave them to do their thing as we evacuate to a roughly 2 km radius of safety.”


[“Sean likes road trips in his old Civic. I prefer my Yamaha.”]

Like Sean says, his photography went perfectly. See for yourself.






[Space shuttle photos by Sean Tamblyn: More tomorrow]

I would have loved to accompany Sean to the Cape to see the historic launch, but I’m saving up for my own road trip. And Ollie is only four.

***

Please click here to view more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: