Monday, May 23, 2011

Austerity Without Anxiety: Declutter box 4 - ready

In my case, ‘austerity without anxiety’ can also mean ‘I’m cheap and calm about it at the same time’ and ‘I’m frugal and proud of it.’

Though I’m still happy to pay a reasonably high price for a quality product (I don’t have anything in mind!), some of my best purchases are the ones I never made.

Though I’m content to do without many material goods (E.g.: “Why buy an e-reader when I have access to millions of free books at the library?”), I’m embarrassed to say I recently sent 3 boxes of used goods to a second-hand store and now can’t remember much that I sent away.


["Declutter box 4 - ready for action": photo by GH]

Stuff. Gone. That’s it.

And why did I buy the stuff in the first place? Habit? Because I had the money at the time? Misdirected desire?

Declutter box 4 - it’s a big one - is ready to receive more stuff. Soon to be gone. And I have no desire to replace anything that leaves, except for the cardboard box.

Are you decluttering?

A week after you remove something from the house, do you miss it? Even think about it?

***

Please click here for more Austerity Without Anxiety.

.

No comments: