Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Birdhouse Hunting: Slow motorcycle miles on Saturday

By 1 p.m. Saturday I was pulling the tarp off my motorcycle and planning a route. Both activities were prompted by a thermometer reading.

Mine said ‘warm enough.’ Yours?

By 1:30 I was turning south at Nilestown’s main interesection. Within seconds I spotted my first birdhouse of the season, but because I was accelerating - and saw open highway ahead - I didn’t stop.


["Lovely aged four-plex in Mapleton, with 3 other models": photos GH]

Between Nilestown and new Sarum I could have stopped a half dozen times to photograph birdhouses I hadn’t noticed in the past. I stopped twice - see accompanying photos - before heading toward Port Bruce, birdhouse capitol of SW Ontario.




["Purple Martin condo and Peterson's bluebird house; north of New Sarum"]

Not only was it a fine day to go birdhouse hunting, it was a pleasure to be riding once more.

***

Please click here to see birdhouses spotted last year.

.

No comments: