Monday, May 23, 2011

I Ask You: “Who’s down there?”

My 20-month-old twin grand-daughters are visiting soon and to keep them from falling off the deck - face first into the ferns, violets and irises - I’m building a fence at the deck’s edge.


While cutting cedar and pressure-treated posts I spotted a pair of holes - like owl’s eyes - staring back at me from a piece of scrap.


An identical pair stared back at me from a post already in place. And upon closer examination, I found a single hole on the outside of the post.




Something - not someone - had drilled one hole on the outside of the post but had drilled twin passageways inside the post.


["Like owl's eyes - staring back at me": photos by GH]

I ask you: Who or what is down there?

Any ideas?

***

Please click here for more I Ask You.

.

No comments: