Saturday, May 7, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: The age of living dangerously

I think it’s a lovely shade of blue. Made by Heritage Paints. Milk paint.

I found the tin yesterday under one of my work benches while putting another tin back into place, and immediately the following thought entered my mind:

It’s time to paint the two sections of an old step ladder that hang from the backyard fences.

Seconds after giving the mental thumbs up I removed one piece of ladder from the fence and painted it.

The paint went on smoothly. Finished the second coat today, seconds before a hail storm.


["What a lovely shade of blue, eh? Eh what??": photo GH]

I was safely inside my shop, with the painted ladder, when ice started to hit the shop window.

Whew. I could have been shredded into many tiny bits, like ice berg lettuce in an expensive salad.

Now... about the title. I’m about to put the ladder back onto the fence and I haven’t yet told my wife about my choice of colours.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

Please click here to read my most recent column re ‘the last word about decluttering, and the next word about Scotland.’

.

No comments: