Saturday, May 21, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: “What’s going on out there?”

[41 Across - snoozing, 6 letters. Friday’s Crossword, London Free Press]

At 6:30 this morning, coffee on the brew, I picked up Friday’s half-finished crossword puzzle and Muddypaws (a children’s book) in my left hand and a pen in my right from the kitchen counter.

As I filled in the answer for 41 Across, the paper and book slipped out of my hand, hit the edge of the counter and a spoon and fell to the floor.

A loud slap, knock and rattle travelled down a short hallway and into the bedroom.


["41 Across - snoozing": photo GH]

Seconds later my wife rolled over and said, “What’s going on out there?”

“Sorry, I dropped a book,” I said.

Then I finished filling in the answer. A-s-l-e-e-p.

Not anymore, I thought.

***

Please click here for more It Strikes Me Funny.

.

No comments: