Sunday, June 12, 2011

Birdhouse Hunting: Belmont is a friendly village for birds

South-east of London, on highway 74, and a few miles south of the 401, you’ll find Belmont.

And if you keep your eyes peeled before you enter the village from the north, you’ll spot three rustic birdhouses on your right.




The first is situated lower than the road, the second has a rusty hinge, the third is missing a roof (at least until my next motorcycle ride in that area). They’re all on fence posts between Westminster and Gladstone Road.

As I rode past them on my motorcycle I only saw the first two. I noticed the last one after closing the back door of the second.


["Someone left the back door open."]


["After shutting the door, I noticed something on a post 20 meters away."]

I must say, the entrance of the third one makes it one of the most unique birdhouses I’ve seen this year. And it will be a fine home for birds once it has a roof!


[Photos by GH]

***

Have you spotted any unique birdhouses this year? Please let me know where.

Please click here for more Birdhouse Hunting.

.

No comments: