Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fun and Fitness: A brand new and quirky goal

["I like quirky." GH, again, just this morning.]

Motivation is important when it comes to maintaining ‘fun and fitness’ goals.

I’ve been motivated - for a long time - to hit 100 miles per week on my exercise bike (102 mi. last week) by the desire not to look like the oldest guy on the ice during weekly hockey games. Call it vanity.

Plus, as I’ve said before, I want to live until I’m 87 years old, at least! (It’s a long story related to collecting a pension for at least two more years than I worked. It’s called ‘gravy.’). The desire for longevity and gravy - it works for me.




["Motivation - whatever works for me, I use.": photos GH]

This morning I’ve come up with a new motivation.

I want to outlive Big Bird and Mr. Green Grocer (And Bert and Ernie. They’re around here somewhere!).

I mean, after 30-years-plus in a toy-box, they’re looking pretty good, eh.

And who’s that new dude?

***

Please click here for more fun and fitness.

.

1 comment:

Fitness Freak said...

May your Wish come true, All the BEst.