Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fenelon Falls PT 2: "I must be getting old... or something"

I must have needed a break. I've had two naps in two days.

Usually, I take about two naps per year, but after driving to Fenelon Falls yesterday I feel asleep during a lull in a conversation. And this morning I grabbed 40 winks after a hearty breakfast.

Maybe I fell asleep so easily this morning because I didn't have my usual two or three cups of coffee with breakfast. Yesterday's nap I blame on the long drive and fresh air blowing through the car. Or maybe it's something else.

I overheard my wife explaining my sleepyhead ways to my son and his wife in the following ways:

"Well, your dad has been working nonstop in the workshop for the last several weeks."


(Well, there is that.)

"He had a birdhouse sale recently. He's been getting back into jogging too. He was out for two hours on Tuesday night."

(Sure, I've been busy... but napping? What's with that?)

"He's not as young as he used to be... but he doesn't know that, I guess."


["Wake up. People will start to talk.": photos by GH]

(Hey, I know I have another birthday coming. But I bet it's something else.)

Maybe it's because I've been swimming in the channel, and the water is colder than last time up here. I mean, even the ducks are tired.

It's gotta be the cold water.

***

Please click here to read Fenelon Falls PT 1.

.

No comments: