Friday, August 19, 2011

It Strikes Me Funny: Little stinker strikes again

Yesterday morning I found the water dish knocked to the ground. This morning the bird feeder.


["It's time to trap the marauding skunk" : Photo by GH]

Tomorrow I’ll likely find the wooden bench and feeder missing or dragged under a tree by the same scoundrel - a teenage skunk with muscles to spare.

I’m talking about a real skunk, the one that lives either under my neighbour’s front porch or under The Annex (second shed) in my back yard. I know it’s a real skunk because I catch a whiff every third or fourth night and see him one night per week - not always on the same night or at the same time, he’s a tricky little beggar - digging in the church lawn across the street from my house.

A skunk has also been regularly digging in my own back yard for grubs. If he filled in his telltale holes in the lawn by himself, I wouldn’t think he was such a nuisance.

But now I’m tempted to set my humane squirrel trap and stop his marauding ways.

But... once I catch him, then what? Hose him down? Attach a long rope to the trap and drag him south of town? (How far can a skunk squirt his potent stink?)

Wanna buy a used skunk?

***

Please click here for an exciting episode of “IT STRIKES” Again.
.

No comments: