Friday, August 12, 2011

The Workshop: 66.66% finished means... time for a break

[“And one day soon, I’ll build the cupboard doors, and clean up the stone, and get the reading/writing table finished for my outdoor space. Maybe. I get distracted easily.” G. Harrison, August 8]

The task of building three doors for an outdoor storage unit is two-thirds complete.

Then I’ll tackle the heaviest job on my to-do list, i.e., remove 6 boxes of stone. Where will I put them? I don’t know. (Maybe you and I can make a deal you can’t refuse).


["After morning coffee I'll buy sturdy hinges for the two doors.": photo GH]

Once the stone is sorted, I’ll build a unique reading/writing table for the wee shaded alcove just outside my study window, through which the lovely strains of Bob Dylan’s voice will drift while I write my next million-dollar novel. (I lied... I should say “my first million-dollar novel.”)

I can hardly wait to start on the table. You should see the piece of wood I have for the table top. Oh, and you will. Count on it.

But first, with 66.66% of the storage unit doors done (I’ll do one long ‘lift-out’ door for the bottom), I think I’ll take another break - like Sunday’s - and frame another two pieces of leftover stone, to use as eye-catchers in the alcove.

One cannot have enough eye-catchers!

***

Please click here to see eye-catchers from The Workshop.

.

No comments: