Monday, August 29, 2011

The Workshop: The 'treetop trilogy' will soon be complete

When I first started building large bird condos (4 - 6 units above a feeding platform) I had three projects in mind:


["Birdy B & B under construction last winter"]

1. The Villa w four units


2. The Birdy B & B w six units


[Photos by G. Harrison]

3. The Something Else but I Don't Know What.

Well, after a relaxing weekend in Fenelon Falls caring for and chasing (in several directions at once) my twin grand-daughters, I've come home to the workshop with some sort of plan for condo three, but only in my head. I plan to build a taller unit, including 8 condos and large feeding surface, with indoor plumbing and outdoor pool. In Fenelon Falls, birds love the water, and I bet they will here in London too.

However, due to restrictive building codes in my area, I may have to forget the plumbing. Or just wing it.

***

Please click here for more news from The Workshop.

.

No comments: