Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Workshop: “I save the best ‘til last”


["Yum, Elderberry pie. My favourite."]

I pick favourites on occasion (from a batch of birdhouses being assembled) and set them aside to finish after all the others are done.

It’s in my blood.

‘Saving the best ‘til last’ is a long-standing tradition in the Harrison family. E.g., I seldom eat dessert after supper. I like to leave it until after I’ve had my ‘fun and fitness’ activity (e.g., riding the exercise bike) later in the evening. Nothing tastes better than elderberry pie after riding 30 miles. (Sorry. I digress).

From a batch of 16 birdhouses, I set aside a few large single units and triplexes for special attention. They’ll help pay for my trip to Paris next summer.


[“Yes, it needs a roof. And some lovely cedar trim.”]

Or maybe they’ll help pay for a trip to Brussels. I hear they brew nice beer in Brussels!


[“A second coat of paint, and trim, are next.”: photos GH]

Whatever the case, saving the best ‘til last will surely pat dividends.

***

Please click here for more from The Workshop.

.

No comments: